Rabie E Abdel-Halim* and Khaled M AlKattan** Note of the editor This article was previously published as: R. E. Abdel-Halim, K. M. AlKattan, "Introducing Medical Humanities in the Medical Curriculum in Saudi Arabia: A Pedagogical Experiment", Urol Ann 2012;4:73-79; available online here. We...
Khaled M AlKattan
Board member of the Saudi Society for Medical Education.
- Dean at College of Medicine and Acting Vice President for Development at Alfaisal University
- Consultant and Head Section of Thoracic Surgery at King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre.
- Graduate from King Saud University 1983, FRCS obtained from Edinburgh with a gold medal in 1988.
- Appointed as an assistance professor at KSU in 1989, Associate professor in 1995 and then full professor in 2000.
- Served as the director of continuous medical education at the college.
- Co-founder of both the Saudi thoracic society and Pan Arab Chest Society.
- Middle East regent for the European Society of Thoracic Surgery.
- Member of many international societies and sits as a senior editor for the Annals of Thoracic Medicine journal.
- On the editorial board and reviewer of most of the international thoracic surgery journals. Has extensive research and publication in his field, presented many abstracts in international symposiums.
- Invited as an international speaker in many medical events.
- Chairman of the National Lung Cancer Study Group and the national lung transplant program.
- Extensive work in medical education and a board member of its Saudi society.
- Contributed to public health education and establishment of several charity medical associations.
Image taken from: http://www.ctsnet.org/home/kalkattan